Every company has a mission; ours goes above and beyond delivering top-notch microbiome data & bioinformatic analysis. Here’s what our team strives for everyday:
Microbiome Insights aims to advance microbiome science by empowering researchers with our expertise and innovation.
Empowering our clients who are doing the research—that’s the reason we exist. Throughout 2018, our team has worked hard to carry out our mission. We have upheld high scientific standards across all projects, continuing to support academic projects as well as developing areas within industry.
Here are five of the best moments of the past year at Microbiome Insights:
- We cemented our expertise of skin microbiome samples, completing an R&D initiative on developing a new 16S V4 region primer that results in the detection of more skin-specific bacteria, while maintaining low error rates.
- We expanded into a new lab space in the beautiful Pharmaceutical Sciences building on the campus of the University of British Columbia. The esteemed Dr. Julian Davies had very kind words to share at our opening reception.
- We rang in the very first World Microbiome Day with colleagues at the 7th International Human Microbiome Consortium (IHMC) conference in Ireland—and our team members were proud to be nominated as “Microbiome Heroes”.
- We celebrated our scientific co-founder, Dr. Brett Finlay, being inducted into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame for his discoveries that have led to the development of human & animal vaccines and treatments for drug-resistant infections.
- We had the honour of being included in a list of British Columbia’s top emerging life sciences companies.
This year we’ve seen samples from all over the world, across many areas of microbiome science. Our clients have ranged from microbiome veterans to those just getting into the field, and we take pride in our ability to meet the needs of each and every one. We’re inspired by their passion and dedication, and we’re proud to have earned the trust of clients who, to date, have provided us with more than 20,000 samples to sequence.
In 2019 we`ll be as dedicated as ever to our mission. Stay tuned in the new year for news about our R&D efforts within the gut microbiota and inflammatory bowel disease space!