Bioinformatician / Microbiome Analyst
We are looking for a creative, self-motivated person who loves exploring and explaining data to join our team and take ownership of our microbiome reporting pipelines. The successful individual will lead the handling, analysis, and reporting of microbiome sequencing data. The ideal candidate will be versed in extracting actionable information from microbiome datasets and be familiar with advanced statistics and computational biology concepts.
A leader in the field, Microbiome Insights Inc. is a fast growing Vancouver-based company providing state-of-the art sample testing and analysis of the microbiome (communities of microbes that inhabit humans, animals, plants, and environments). We enable researchers and clinicians to easily and effectively include microbiome analysis in their studies, across a range of human, animal, agricultural and environmental research applications. Our team of experts and testing methods combine to provide fast, dependable, cost-effective results for clients including analyses on microbial profiles of disease, treatment responses and environmental changes. Understanding the microbiome is one of the most important and fastest growing areas of science, and a critical part of human, animal, plant, and environmental health.
- Analysis and reporting of microbiome sequencing data, short-chain fatty acid, and quantitative PCR analyses
- Assist customers with data interpretation and experimental design
- Run bioinformatics pipelines
- Test and implement new analytical approaches
- Distribute data to clients
- Graduate degree in a quantitative STEM discipline (bioinformatics, statistics, microbiology, computational biology, or related field
- Demonstrated expertise in programming in R
- Strong background in the Linux environment and Bash scripting
- Previous exposure to Next Generation Sequencing data
- Working knowledge of microbiome processing pipelines (mothur, qiime)
- Skills in statistical analysis (ANOVA, regression, clustering, phylogenetics, etc.) and biological interpretation of data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Industry experience
- Experience doing laboratory work in a research organization
- Knowledge of shotgun metagenomics analysis tools
- Working expertise in Python (numpy, pandas, biopython)
- Understanding of databases and SQL
Please send resumes to Pedro Dimitriu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Erick Cardenas Poire (email@example.com). Thank you!
Microbiome Insights is committed to a culture that values, fosters, and promotes equity and respect among its members. We recognize that diversity in the workplace leads to diversification of ideas, knowledge, and perspectives that drive our efforts for excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (SOGIE), marital status, family status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.