We are looking for a Junior to Intermediate Software Developer with Ruby on Rails experience to join us and help solve some tough problems we’re working on. We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Effective communication and a willingness to learn and improve
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design (OOP/OOD).
- 6 months+ production software development experience
- Git and source control management.
- 0 to 2 years experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with relational databases: MySQL or PostgreSQL
- RESTful API development experience.Preferably with:
- Ruby on Rails 5+
- Experience with either Stimulus and/or React
- Experience with cloud computing: AWS, GCP or similar
The Junior/Intermediate software developer is responsible for partnering with the product and subject matter experts to:
- Build new web application features and integrations
- Maintain and update unit and integration tests
- Work in various stacks and with various services (user facing web-apps, API layers, etc)
To apply, please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
Microbiome Insights is committed to a culture that values, fosters, and promotes equity and respect among its members. We recognize that diversity in the workplace leads to diversification of ideas, knowledge, and perspectives that drive our efforts for excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (SOGIE), marital status, family status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.