We are hiring!
We are currently looking for an experienced full-stack developer to join our team of scientists, designers, and health practitioners to improve and expand our web application for analysis and visualization of biological data with a strong emphasis on developing an intuitive, efficient, and informative experience.
The developer will work closely with our Product Manager, design team, and scientific team to implement a vision in a secure and scalable manner. The designer should be capable of explaining his/her technical approach and be able to work in an ever-changing environment; the ability to incorporate critical feedback is also essential.
- Developing our data acquisition, processing, analysis, and visualization capabilities
- Creating and evolving front-end web applications
- Designing a scalable database infrastructure
- Creating secure interfaces and backends for sensitive data
- Experience building web application (using Ruby on Rails)
- Experience building UX front ends and data visualizations
- Experience with REST APIs
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- “Full stack” experience
- Experience with version control using git
- Past experiences at other startups is a plus, but not required
- Experience in R and/or Python are a plus, but not required
Minimum experience requirements
- 2+ years of recent Ruby on Rails experience
- Strong database experience; preferably in MySQL
Job type: Full-time
Job location: Vancouver (required)
Working at Microbiome Insights
We are located in Vancouver, on the Point Grey campus of the University of British Columbia. We work closely with our clients in providing state-of-the art analysis of microbiomes. You will be working with a team of bioinformaticians, biostatisticians, and designers in a developing and evolving field with great potential for impact in human health. We offer a stimulating work environment and competitive compensation.
How to apply
Please send your résumé and cover letter to:
Attn: Erick Cardenas
Microbiome Insights, Inc. is a global leader providing end-to-end services for microbiome DNA sequencing, including state-of-the-art bioinformatic analysis. Based in Vancouver, Canada, the company’s customized suite of services enables researchers and clinicians to easily and effectively include microbiome analysis in studies across a range of human, animal, agricultural and environmental applications. The multidisciplinary team of researchers and knowledge leaders at the company’s helm provide access to decades of expertise in traditional sciences such as ecology, microbiology, infectious diseases, and genetics. Microbiome Insights’ award-winning team is committed to providing clients with fast, dependable, cost-effective results.